Did you know the average person wastes 244 pounds of food each year? That’s roughly the same weight as a refrigerator! Join us this Earth Week as we raise our collective voices to increase awareness about this issue and encourage people to take action to reduce food waste. We’re kicking off the week with a Twitter Party on Monday, April 20, at 9 pm ET. We hope you’ll join us!
Follow the hashtag #NoFoodWasted to learn more about the issue and how to reduce food waste – and share your food waste photos all week on Twitter and Instagram!
Check out the amazing group of panelists we’ll have at the party!
Food Waste Fighters:
- @EndFoodWaste – The campaign created and managed by volunteer food waste activist Jordan Figueiredo.
- @UglyFruitAndVeg – From End Food Waste, a campaign to rally the public to demand ugly fruit and veg at major retailers the world over.
- @FoodFuelFuture – Sustainable America, who recently launched the interactive website and campaign, ivaluefood.com.
- @EatSustainable – Creators of http://sustainabletable.org/, http://eatwellguide.org and http://themeatrix.com.
- @EcoCentered – The blog behind Grace Communications Foundation who, in part, works to support sustainable food systems.
- @ZeroWasteChef – Anne-Marie Bonneau, writer and zero-waste activist.
- @JustEatItFilm – Passionate zero wasters, food rescuers, and community builders. Filmmakers behind #JustEatItFilm and The Clean Bin Project. (By the way, MSNBC will be airing this documentary on Earth Day at 10pm EDT followed by a panel discussion with celebrity chef Tom Colicchio. Join us on Twitter then, for a virtual viewing party!)
And an awesome group of eco-bloggers:
And the list is still growing! This is going to be a super-fun and educational event, so we hope you’ll join us!
WHEN: Monday, April 20, at 9 pm ET