Whether it’s conservation, recycling, education or designing attractions with the environment in mind, Universal Orlando is working to make sure Green is Universal.
Here’s a peek at just a few of the things we’re doing around the resort:
• In 2014, we recycled 260 tons of plastic and glass bottles, 8 tons of aluminum cans, 1,212 tons of cardboard, 80 tons of mixed paper and 15 tons of shrink wrap.
• Also in 2014, we diverted 594 tons of organic food material away from landfills.
• We have more than 2,300 recycling collection locations currently throughout the resort—and more on the way.
• All mobile diesel equipment—including trucks and resort water taxis—now run on biodiesel fuel, an environmentally friendlier and cleaner-burning fuel.
• We use environmentally-preferred cleaning products.
• The Simpsons RideTM employs energy conservation measures through the incorporation of an “on demand” hydraulic power system and the use of energy efficient LED lighting fixtures.
• Currently we have three cardboard recycling centers on-site.
• We are continuing environmentally friendly horticultural practices by using coffee grounds to supplement nutrients in potting soil and replacing fertilizers and insecticides with fish oil and ocean solution.