Whether it’s conservation, recycling, education or designing attractions with the environment in mind, Universal Orlando is working to make sure Green is Universal.
Here’s a peek at just a few of the things we’re doing around the resort:
• We have more than 2,100 recycling collection locations currently throughout the resort and more on the way.
• All mobile diesel equipment – including trucks and resort water taxis – now run on Biodiesel fuel, an environmentally friendlier and cleaner-burning fuel.
• The Simpsons RideTM employs energy conservation measures through the incorporation of an “on demand” hydraulic power system and the use of energy efficient LED lighting fixtures.
Fast facts about Universal Orlando’s 2012 efforts to support a sustainable environment.
• Recycled over: 200 tons of PET mixed bottles, 4 tons of aluminum cans, 700 tons of cardboard and 150 tons of office paper.
• Currently have 3 cardboard recycling centers on site supporting Universal Orlando’s recycling efforts.
• Continuing environmentally friendly horticultural practices by using coffee grounds to supplement nutrients in potting soil and replacing fertilizers and insecticides with fish oil and ocean solution.
• All three Loews Hotels at Universal Orlando Resort are certified members of the Florida Green Lodging program.